"It is with great excitement that the Enterprise Learning Alliance can announce its recent endeavours to gain Artsmark status.
Artsmark is foremost an Award that England's Arts Council awards schools who offer their students a high quality arts and cultural education. If awarded it demonstrates that every student has the opportunity to create, compose and perform as well as to visit, participate and review extraordinary work.
Although we have a long road ahead before we are awarded Artsmark status, England’s Arts Council has already accepted our Statement of Commitment and praised our efforts so far.
The school recognises that where appropriate, art and culture should be embedded into every lesson and in support of gaining this prestigious award, an Artsmark lead has been appointed and funding allocated
Students across the provision have already begun to benefit from our Artsmark journey through engaging in just some of the following opportunities:
· Artists and crafts people have visited to deliver specialist workshops and training
· Trips to local and national galleries, castles and museums
· Established partnership with local institution University for the Creative Arts (UCA) and emerging partnerships with other local educationalists
· Established partnership with local gallery Turner Contemporary and emerging partnerships with other local and national galleries
· Local theatre groups facilitating in-house performances
· Fundraising for local charities including Secret Postcard Auction in support of Kelly Turner
If we achieve Artsmark status then we provide evidence of how the school is meeting its social, moral, cultural and spiritual requirements for OFSTED, placing the arts, culture and artistic practice at the heart of work with, for and by young people.