The Enterprise Learning Alliance (ELA) is a cross phase pupil referral unit which caters for young people between the ages of 11 and 16. The service covers a wide geographical area in South East Kent which includes Thanet, Sandwich, Deal and Dover. The ELA consists of three sites and the service caters for a maximum of 107 pupils at any one time accessing full time provision, as well as supporting additional pupils through outreach support in mainstream schools and the delivery of group and individualised behaviour intervention programmes on a part time basis.
There is an emphasis on core skills in English and Maths across all year groups and this, combined with our wide range of academic and vocational subjects, means that we can offer programmes of study to suit each individual need. We believe strongly in preparing our students for the future by helping them achieve the qualifications they need as well as the confidence and spirit necessary for the next steps of their lives.
The flexible programme of alternative curriculum that we provide is tailored to the individual needs and abilities of our students. This allows them to not only access their own potential but also to re-engage with education in a positive way.
Throughout all of our provisions, we seek to:
- Improve students` levels of educational attainment within a safe, caring and healthy environment
- Enable students to acquire the skills, self esteem and experience that they will need for their own future development
- Empower them to gain an understanding of who they are, what they want from life and how to achieve it
- Liaise positively with parents , carers, external agencies, schools and all other professionals to ensure that the individual needs of the students are being met
- Provide appropriate training and support for all of our staff
- Work with schools, the community and other training providers to share our expertise and develop inclusive opportunities for all students
- Prepare students for the wider outside world, so that they can relate confidently to others and have the necessary skills to succeed and play a full part in the life of the community
We want everyone to be happy and successful, to have an excellent, positive experience at the Enterprise Learning Alliance and to leave feeling they have absolutely achieved their full potential.
I hope that you find our website interesting and use it to find out more about the services we offer. If you want to discover more about ELA or arrange a visit to one of our centres, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Executive Head Teacher